Located on Main St. between 5th St. and 10th St.
To set up as a new vendor, please sign up through the sign up link and also download and fill out the Vendor Agreement form which can be downloaded below. Agreements should be turned in at the Artists On Main vendor check in table when checking in for your first event. Check in is located on Main St. across the Cesar Chavez statue at 3746 University Ave, Riverside, CA 92501.
Please do not email or mail application in prior to the event.
Check in begins at 3:45 p.m. and space is rented out until 6:00 p.m. Reservations should be made ahead of time through the sign up form, the set up fee will be collected at check in, cash only. Please do not mail payment ahead of time. With a reservation, the best time to check in is between 3:45 and 5:00 p.m. Artists must check in with a reservation before 6:00 p.m., after 6:00 p.m. the reservation becomes void and check-in will be closed. Wait listed artists should arrive at 5:00 p.m. to get in line.
Spaces are typically all reserved within a week of registration opening
Once spaces are all booked, artists are then added to the wait list.
We accept a limited number of extended reservations at an additional cost. The time frame and costs are as follows:
12 month reservation (Jan. – Dec.) @ $250
6 month reservation (Jan. – June; July – Dec.) @ $125
3 month reservation (Jan. – March; April – June; July – Sept.; Oct. – Dec.) @ $65
We will accept ten vendors for each extended reservations term: ten 12 month, ten 6 month and ten 3 month. Reservations must be submitted through email before registration opens for the first event date. Full payment must be made prior to the first Artswalk event included in the extended reservation. With an extended reservation, you may select your specific space and will not have to worry about signing up each month for the time frame you have selected. If an artist is signed up for an extended reservation period and misses one event, the reservation will not carry over. However, if an event is rained out or cancelled by the Riverside Arts Council, we will reimburse or apply a credit to your account for the one month.
There will be no refunds. Reservations must be made through email at least one month prior to the start of the extended period (if reserving for Jan - March, reservation must be emailed prior to December Artswalk). Once the reservation is made we will send you an invoice that can be paid through PayPal. Email reservations requests and questions to email@example.com.
Wait listed artists should arrive at check in by 5:00 p.m. and be present until 6:00 p.m. to see if
they can set up. At 6:00 p.m., we will finish checking in the remaining artists in line, and after,
check-in will be officially closed. We do our best to get all of the artists a space to set up but we
are not always able to do so.
Please read the following to see what you need to do to get involved.
1. Do you qualify? Artists On Main is reserved for individual artists to sell their handmade original and "fan art" of original art works. We will not rent spaces for Commercial Businesses; Resale items including but not limited to: clothing (including vintage), toys, books, shoes, novelty items; Plants; incense, perfumes, body oils, soaps or other cosmetic products that come into contact with the human body or skin; food items of any kind; drug paraphernalia; or gang-related artwork.
2. Read, download and fill out the registration packet. If you are not able to print, packets are available at check in the day of the event.
3. Sign up through the registration form to reserve a space or to be added to the wait list for the upcoming month.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your registration was received within 2 weeks. Spaces are reserved in the order in which they are received, once all spaces are reserved you will automatically be placed on the wait list if you selected that option. If you did not select to be added to the wait list, we will email you to let you know that the spaces are filled and we were not able to add you to the reservation list.
4. Make sure you have read all of the information on this site, including the Frequently Asked Questions page. There are over 1,000 vendors signed up and the Riverside Arts Council does not have the time or man power to answer every question from every person. If any of your questions are not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Prepare for your set up, the Riverside Arts Council does not provide tables, chairs or canopies, make sure you have what you need to set up your booth. Battery operated lights are suggested as we do not have access to electrical outlets. We do have lighting around Main St., but with canopies and large booth set ups the light can end up getting blocked from your space so be prepared. Generators are not allowed.
6. The day of the event, you will arrive at check in. The check in table is located across from
the Cesar Chaves statue (3746 University Ave). If you have a reservation it is recommended that you arrive as early as 3:45 p.m. to check in so you have time to set up. When you check in you will turn in your registration packet or fill one out on site (registration packets are only turned in for your first time vending with us). Pay the $15 cash payment and you are ready to set up. Once you check in, you will choose your space based on what is available when you check in. Extended reservation spaces will be marked and will not be available for a regular one month reservation. If you are on the wait list you would arrive around 5:00 to get in line.
7. Parking & Unloading: Street/lot parking is free after 7pm. Garage parking is paid 24/7. Artists
can park wherever they find a space.
Please review the city parking info here:
While unloading, please be mindful of other vendors and unload quickly. A rolling cart is recommended to transport your artwork to and from your space.
8. Clean up: Our security guards will let people know when there is 10 - 15 minutes until 9:00 p.m.. Sales after 9:00 p.m. are prohibited. Pack up your products and make sure you have dealt with any trash in your space.
9. Sign up to reserve for the following month: Artists can begin reserving the day after the previous Artswalk for the following month.
The Riverside Arts Council reserves the right to establish these guidelines as to further the interests of the artists and the community. All work presented for sale is the artists original work, or his/her own creation and that the work submitted does not infringe on the ownership or copyright interests of another person.
We will not rent spaces for the following:
All artwork must be original, made by the artist and not infringing on the copyright of another person or entity.
In regard to clothing, if the items are printed with your own designs, handmade, or recycled clothing that has been altered at least 70%, they are allowed to be sold. Jewelry must be handmade. Beads, resin, charms, glass, etc. fashioned into a jewelry item are acceptable, but again - no resale.
***Any artists not following these guidelines and/or selling prohibited merchandise will be asked to pack up and leave without refund.***
Spaces are $15 per artist, only one space per artist is allowed. The artist is responsible for the sale of their own work. The artist is responsible for providing their own change.
The artist is responsible for the setup, take down and clean up of their space. Any violation of this will prohibit them from participating in the future.
The artist spaces must be staffed at all times for the protection of the artists and their work. The Riverside Arts Council will not be responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items including but not limited to artworks and/or personal effects.
The Riverside Arts Council reserves the right to regulate time, manner and activities of the artists. This regulation extends without limitation to individuals, noise, products, conduct, signage and/or anything with offensive language/material printed on it that RAC might determine to be offensive or objectionable.
The use of alcohol and/or drugs is strictly prohibited. This will be enforced by on-site security and the Riverside Police Department.
If any problems arise during the event, including issues with other artists and/or consumers please inform one of the Riverside Arts Council staff members.
The Riverside Arts Council reserves the right to revoke the agreement at any time for violation of any of the guidelines, with results up to and including immediate and permanent dismissal.
Download the New Vendor Registration Packet and turn in at check in at Artswalk.